Gilmer County is currently hiring for a Full Time Animal Shelter Kennel Attendant.
Responsible for cleaning cages and kennels, medicating and feeding animals, processing animals during intake, assisting people looking for their lost pets and assisting visitors who are interested in adopting a pet. Other duties may include washing dishes, doing laundry, unloading dog food, and other tasks as assigned. MUST LOVE ANIMALS of all kinds. Gilmer County operates a NO KILL shelter.
- Previous animal related experience preferred.
- Ability to stand for extended periods (8 hours a day) and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to interact with impounded dogs, cats and other animals including vicious, stray, sick or injured animals.
- Ability to handle seeing and dealing with animals that have been abused, neglected or treated cruelly.
- Ability to learn/perform a variety of animal care related work activities.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED required
Employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4pm or emailed to email@example.com. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.