Part Time Position
Typical tasks include:
- communicating openly and effectively with citizens and staff regarding daily landfill processes and procedures,
- directs citizens in the proper location of disposal of materials,
- ensures that unacceptable waste is not accepted,
- ensures grounds are free from trash and debris
- properly secures the convenience center upon leaving the center,
- notifies appropriate personnel when containers become full,
- keeps daily logs and handles cash payments for trash dumping.
Position requires a current valid Georgia Driver’s License. All applicants offered employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen, MVR and criminal history/background check.
Employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.