The Gilmer County Fire Department is an organization committed to excellence. This commitment is derived from each individual’s positive leadership and pride. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong commitment to the delivery of the highest level of service and a commitment to excellence. This individual will be a team player who demonstrates a strong knowledge of the following areas:
• Current methods, tools and equipment used in the maintenance of automobiles and fire apparatus.
• Principles of gasoline and diesel engines, brakes (both air and hydraulic), diagnostic equipment and hydraulics.
• Fire equipment and apparatus.
• Machine shop use, body repair, automotive painting and arc and acetylene welding techniques.
• Basic OSHA safety rules and procedures.
• Make accurate estimates of repair time.
• Work independently and understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
• Prepare basic reports.
• Perform moderate to heavy physical labor for extended periods.
• Respond promptly to call-backs.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Basic record keeping.
Applicants will be required to submit to a post offer criminal history background check, motor vehicle check and drug screen. Applicants must have a High School diploma or GED.
Employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to email@example.com. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.