It is the intent of the Gilmer County Board of Commissioners to enforce the latest edition of each technical code, as adopted by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
Building Permits must be obtained prior to beginning construction or excavation. Applications for building permits should be filed at the Gilmer County Department of Planning and Zoning and accompanied by the required fees and executed copies of all necessary affidavits.
- Building Permit Fee Schedule (pdf)
- Steps to Obtain a Building Permit (pdf)
- Application for Building Permit (pdf)
- Footing Standard (pdf)
- Application for In-Ground Pool Permit (pdf)
- Application for Meter Base (pdf)</li
- Affidavit, Georgia State Energy Code for Buildings (pdf)
- Subcontractor Affidavit (pdf)
- Subcontractor Affidavit Release (pdf)