Section 70-39 of the Code of Ordinances, Gilmer County, Georgia states that a permit must be obtained from the Gilmer County Department of Planning and Zoning before any land-disturbing activity is begun. Applications for this permit must include five copies of the applicant’s erosion and sedimentation control plan, which must conform to Section 70-38(b) and (c) of the Code of Ordinances of Gilmer County, Georgia.

Applications for a land-disturbing permit within the State of Georgia-mandated 50 foot stream buffer (Erosion and Sedimentation Act of 1975, as amended, O.C.G.A. 12-7-6(b)(15)) require that an Application for a 50 Foot Vegetative Buffer Encroachment be submitted to the Erosion and Sedimentation Control Unit of the Georgia Environmental Protection Division.