Gilmer County Airport
Gilmer County Airport is currently recruiting for a Part-time Airport Maintenance position. This position will report to the Airport Manager. The key role for this position is to provide basic yard maintenance, as well as provide customer service, record-keeping for the airport, and other tasks as assigned. Download job description.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Service
- Operate county vehicle as needed.
- Basic yard maintenance duties to include operating a zero-turn mower weed-eater, leaf blower & other small engine equipment.
- Basic facilities maintenance and housekeeping duties.
- Operating and communicating on a VHF radio to transiting aircraft.
- Basic aircraft fueling operations.
- General office work and computer skills as required.
- Organized and able to keep accurate records.
- Self-motivated, trustworthy, adaptable, and willing to learn.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be reliable and punctual
- High School Diploma or GED required
This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week. Scheduled hours Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. Saturday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. Hourly rate: $12.00.
Applicants will be required to submit to a post-offer Criminal History/Background check and pre-employment drug screen.
The employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.