Gilmer County Animal Shelter
Gilmer County is currently hiring for a Full-Time Animal Shelter Kennel Attendant.
Responsible for cleaning dog and cat kennels and runs, assisting with dispensing medication, feeding animals, processing animals during intake/owner surrender, assisting people looking for their lost pets, and assisting visitors who are interested in adopting a pet. Other duties may include washing dishes, doing laundry, unloading dog food, and other tasks as assigned.
- Previous animal-related experience preferred.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to interact with impounded dogs, cats, and other animals including vicious, stray, sick, or injured animals.
- Ability to handle seeing and dealing with animals that have been abused, neglected, or mistreated.
- Ability to learn/perform a variety of animal care related work activities.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be able to work weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
This is a full-time position working up to 40 hours per week. Tuesday through Saturday. Hourly rate: $10.00.
Applicants will be required to submit to a post-offer Criminal History/Background check and drug screen.
An employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4 pm or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.