Gilmer County Georgia
Gilmer County Fire Rescue has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Battalion Chief
Starting Salary $53,054 24/48 non-exempt
- Must be a Certified Georgia / NPQ Firefighter II
- Must have a valid Georgia Class F Driver License or greater
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to pass an extensive GCIC and NCIC background examination.
- Must have the ability to meet the physical and academic requirements set forth by Georgia Firefighter Standards and
- Training Council and Georgia Department of Public Health.
- EMT (I) or greater
- 10 or more years of career fire service experience with progressive leadership roles
- Fire Officer I (Or Equivalent) see below.
- Instructor I
- Preparations for Initial Company Operations (PICO) or equivalent
- Strategies and Tactics for Initial Company Operations (STICO) or equivalent
- Decision Making for Initial Company Operations (DMICO) or equivalent
- Acting Officer In Charge (AOIC)
- Transitional and Interpersonal Leadership Training (TILT)
- Fire Department Leadership, and Supervision Series
- NPQ Fire Officer II or greater
- Instructor II or greater
- Live Fire Instructor
- Fire Life Safety Educator
- Fire Inspector
- Special Operations training and experience such as: Rope / Technical Rescue, Swift Water / Swim Rescue, Land SAR,
- Public Safety Diver
- NIMS 300 and 400 or completed within 1 year of employment.
- 4 or more years served in the role of Lieutenant or greater.
- 2- or 4-year Degree from an accredited University in Fire Science, Emergency Medicine, or Emergency Management
- Anthem Blue Cross Medical Insurance, Dental/Eye/Prescription coverage
- Cancer Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 457b Employer Match
- Georgia Firefighter Pension Fund Paid by Employer
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid Annual/Sick Leave
- Career Advancement Ladder
Gilmer County Fire Rescue is an ALS department protecting 431 square miles in the heart of the North Georgia Mountains. The department protects and serves more than 31,000 residents and visitors in the “Apple Capital of Georgia”.
All applicants are required to complete an official Gilmer County employment application. Employment applications can be obtained at the Board of Commissioners office located at 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, An employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates will be required to submit a post-offer Criminal History/Background check along with a pre-employment drug screen.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com