GIlmer County Government
The Gilmer County Board of Commissioners has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Building & Facilities Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department, including the maintenance staff for the Gilmer County Courthouse and Facilities. This position will report to the Building & Facilities Maintenance Director.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ maintenance supervisor experience.
- Proven knowledge of various building and facilities operations/maintenance.
- General construction/carpentry, general/mechanical electrical experience, general/mechanical plumbing systems, and HVAC systems.
- Management/supervision, project management, and personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Georgia driver’s license.
- Understands and knowledgeable regarding all local, state, and federal laws and regulations including safety protocols.
- Must have exceptional computer skills. (Excel and Word)
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training, coaching, and supervising maintenance staff.
- Responsible for organizing and overseeing the schedules and work of maintenance staff.
- Performs introductory period and annual performance evaluations for maintenance staff in a constructive manner.
- Performs general day-to-day operations of the maintenance programs.
- Under the Director, evaluates systems or facilities to determine maintenance that needs to be performed.
- Must be able to plan, supervise, and implement maintenance programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department.
- Inspect equipment/systems regularly for proper functioning and safety.
- Schedule preventive maintenance, repairs, and replacements.
- Run errands, handling incoming and outgoing freight, and able to lift/move heavy furniture and equipment.
- Must be able to effectively manage and operate within a budget.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information.
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment prevention and compliance procedures.
- Displays integrity and professionalism with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive professional attitude.
- Must be able to use reasoning skills, good judgment, and be able to communicate productively.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions on procedural and technical levels when circumstances warrant such action.
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, responsible, punctual with regular attendance.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours.
- Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the preservation of equipment and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Assist in organizing safety meetings for the department.
- Must have exceptional analytical skills with a mindset toward strategic thinking and initiatives
- Must be a great coach, trainer, and mentor.
- Required to operate County vehicle in the performance of duties outside the primary facility.
- Ensure that the outside of the property is maintained including mowing, landscaping, and snow removal.
- Coordinate the removal of garbage and trash for the Courthouse and Facilities.
- Maintain inventory control for all general supplies, parts, and equipment.
- Maintain all required maintenance files.
- Decorate for Holidays and Special Events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Scheduled work time is 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., may be required to work some overtime and an occasional Saturday. Salary depends on the level of experience. Applicants will be required to submit to a post-offer Criminal History/Background check and pre-employment drug screen.
An employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to email@example.com. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.