Gilmer County Georgia
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for the operation of equipment and vehicles, to complete projects related to the maintenance, upkeep, installation, and construction of Gilmer County streets, utilities, rights-of-way, parks, and other infrastructure for departmental operations. Employees in this classification serve as the primary operator for a truck spreader. They will be required to perform manual labor responsibilities and work that is physical in nature.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class A CDL.
- Drives truck and equipment to worksites.
- Operates truck scraper for large construction and maintenance projects such as roads, landscaping, embankments, and other projects.
- Inspects and prepares equipment for safe and proper operation prior to beginning work for the day.
- Must be able to operate the piece of equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Exposure to all weather such as hot, cold, wet, humid, windy, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Applicants will be required to submit to a post-offer criminal history/background check and drug screen. Required to submit to a random CDL drug/alcohol test as stipulated by the DOT and FMCSA.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
The employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.