Gilmer County Tax Commissioner's Office
The purpose of this position is to perform administrative/clerical duties in support of the Tax Commissioners Office.
- Exceptional customer service both in-person and over the telephone.
- Able to handle cash transactions and balance cash drawer daily.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workload.
- Meet deadlines and manage assignments to achieve performance goals.
- Effective problem resolution.
- Able to weigh the needs of the taxpayers and the department to decide the best course of action.
- Must be dependable.
- Typing and computer experience are required.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to prepare various forms, reports, correspondence, and daily worksheets.
- Promote a team atmosphere.
- Able to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Able to perform the job with integrity and utmost confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Preferred one (1) year of previous experience at the Title Examiner level or 2 years of experience in the examination, preparation, or auditing of title documents.
- Knowledge of both title and tag and property tax billing preferred.
- Must have experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience navigating and researching information on the Department of Revenue site.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective customer service. Proven ability to work well under pressure.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Hours are 8:15 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. Hourly rate: $10.00. Applicants will be required to submit to a post-offer Criminal History/Background check and drug screen.
An application is available at the Commissioner’s Office located at 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, or downloaded here. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the application.
Applications can be dropped off at the Commissioner’s Office Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm OR emailed to email@example.com
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.