GIlmer County Government
Gilmer County is hiring full-time Road Crew Member(s). This position is based within the county and plays a critical role in serving our community by maintaining county property. We are looking for someone who is committed to serving the community. Experience in Public Works, Paving, Maintenance, Landscaping, Heavy Equipment Operation, or Construction is helpful but not required.
- Roadside maintenance (Mowing grass and trim/edge, pick-up and disposing of tree limbs, dead animals, etc.)
- Street and right-of-way maintenance.
- Set-up/Clean-up of worksites and facilities.
- Operates a variety of light equipment, machinery, and power/hand tools.
- Clean-up and maintenance tasks as necessary to keep equipment and tools in operable condition.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance. (May occasionally involve heavier objects and materials up to 100 lbs.)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Applicants will be required to submit to a post offer Criminal History/Background check and pre-employment drug screen.
An employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to email@example.com. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org