GIlmer County Government
The purpose of this position is to perform skilled, semi-skilled, and manual work associated with the maintenance of buildings, equipment, grounds, signs, and related facilities.
- Ability to provide general maintenance and repair work on buildings, equipment, grounds, and facilities.
- Experience with plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and carpentry.
- Able to operate a variety of equipment, machinery, and tools (air compressor, pressure washer, ladder, table saw, circular saw, band or jigsaw, drill, drill press, router, sander, grinder, shovel, carpentry, painting tools, plumbing tools, pneumatic tools, hand tools, mechanic tools, etc..
- Able to troubleshoot maintenance issues.
- Mowing, trimming, grounds keeping, and snow removal.
- Provide customer service.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Promote a team atmosphere.
- Able to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Able to operate a personal computer, general office equipment, and/or other equipment as necessary.
- Drive county truck.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and punctual.
- Excellent work ethic required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Previous plumbing, HVAC, and/or electrical experience and/or certifications are a plus.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Georgia driver’s license.
Scheduled work time is 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Hourly rate: $12.00. Applicants will be required to submit to a post-offer Criminal History/Background check and pre-employment drug screen.
An employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to email@example.com. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.