Gilmer County Government
The Gilmer County Board of Commissioners has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Permit Technician working in the Planning and Zoning Department.
The purpose of this position is to:
- accept and issue land development and construction permits, land use and zoning applications, sign permits
- receive, verify, and distribute all incoming plans and documents related to land development permitting
- calculate permit fees
- evaluate computer records on various permits being processed
- receive request for inspections
- answer telephone and assist callers with application, permit and technical questions and concerns
- research, review and copy various documentation as required
- provide administrative assistance; and perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- three (3) to five (5) years of office administration or responsible administrative experience
- or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job
- May be required to possess and maintain a Notary Public License
- Must currently possess ICC Permit Technician Certification or be able to obtain within the first year of employment
- Valid Georgia driver’s license required
Hourly rate between $13.00- $14.00 depending on experience and qualifications.
Gilmer County offers a generous benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, life, 457 with employer match and paid sick/vacation time.
Qualified applicants offered contingent employment will be required to submit to a post offer mandatory drug screen, criminal background check and MVR.
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with employer.
An application is available at the Commissioner’s Office located at 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, or downloaded here. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the application.
Applications can be dropped off at the Commissioner’s Office Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com