Gilmer County Georgia
Gilmer County Fire Rescue has immediate openings for Part-Time Firefighter/PM and Firefighter /EMT A/I
The purpose of these positions is to perform Fire Department and EMS emergency and non-emergency operations including but not limited to: basic firefighting skills; emergency medical care; complete and submit reports; and perform a variety of staff support functions and, other assigned tasks.
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Georgia Firefighter Certification or NPQ I or II Certification Required.
- State of Georgia EMT or Paramedic Certification Required.
- Ability to meet and maintain current requirements set forth by the Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Council and the Georgia Department of Health.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides protection of life and property;
- Suppresses, controls, and extinguishes fires;
- Performs search rescue, and extrication of victims, and forcible entries;
- Respond to alarms, medical assistance, natural disasters, hazardous materials incidents and first response in emergency situations.
- Provides basic life support (BLS) and/or advanced life support (ALS) services;
- Performs detailed subjective and objective patient assessments within established protocols, stabilization, and treatment;
- Coordinates emergency care procedures with authorized emergency hospital staff.
- Provides protection of life
- Compose and maintain daily reports.
- Drives, operates, and monitors a variety of fire/emergency vehicles/apparatus as needed;
- Determines best route to reach location of emergency calls, performs driving functions in a safe and efficient manner under various conditions, including day/night hours, in congested traffic, in adverse weather conditions and in emergency situations involving speeds in excess of posted limits;
- Positions apparatus and equipment for optimal use of equipment and hose.
- Excellent Public Relations skills required.
- Attends required training, meetings, and alarms regularly.
- Must demonstrate dependable regular attendance.
- Must be adaptable to performing under considerable stress when confronted with an emergency.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of firefighting/EMT machines, equipment, and/or tools.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of 125 pounds at least one hundred (100) feet.
- Must be able to exert up to one hundred (100) pounds of force occasionally, and/or lift fifty (50) pounds frequently.
- Other duties may be required and assigned.
Starting pay for these positions are; $13.80 per hour for Firefighter/EMT-A or I, and $17.75 per hour for Firefighter/Paramedic. Additional $2.00 per hour Ambulance Assignment.
All applicants are required to complete an official Gilmer County employment application. Employment applications can be obtained at the Board of Commissioners office located at 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, An employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com