Gilmer County Government
Gilmer County Animal Shelter is recruiting for a Part-time Kennel Attendant.
This position is responsible for cleaning dog and cat kennels and runs, assisting with dispensing medication, feeding animals, processing animals during intake/owner surrender, assisting people looking for their lost pets and assisting visitors who are interested in adopting a pet. Other duties may include washing dishes, doing laundry, unloading dog food, and other tasks as assigned.
- Previous animal related experience preferred.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to interact with impounded dogs, cats and other animals including vicious, stray, sick or injured animals.
- Ability to handle seeing and dealing with animals that have been abused, neglected or mistreated.
- Ability to learn/perform a variety of animal care related work activities.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- May be able to work weekends for an emergency.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
This is a part-time position working up to 29 hours per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Starting hourly rate: $10.00.
Applicants will be required to submit to a post offer Criminal History/Background check and pre-employment drug screen.
An employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4 pm or email to email@example.com. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org