GIlmer County Government
Gilmer County has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Probation Officer. This position is responsible for providing comprehensive supervision and case management of assigned probationers.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position working 40 hours per week.
Hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Hourly rate: $15.00 – $16.00 depending on qualifications and experience.
Must be extremely detail oriented and able to maintain confidentiality.
Must be able to multi-task and have proven ability to work well under pressure and stressful situations and time sensitive material.
Effective oral and written communication skills a MUST.
- HS/GED Diploma, Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, social work, psychology, or a related area.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for 1-2 years.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council for the State of Georgia.
- Possession or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must have knowledge of the judicial system, case management principles, community resources, and knowledge of local, state, and federal laws.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in the preparation of clear and concise reports.
- This position requires good judgement, selection and interpretation in application.
- Must have experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Applicants will be required to successfully complete and pass a post offer Criminal History/Background check and drug screen.
An employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.