Gilmer County Georgia
Gilmer County is currently hiring for a Full-time Road Crew Worker
Responsible for manual and unskilled work as part of a crew engaged in maintenance and upkeep of grounds, facilities, streets, and/or infrastructure. Work is physical in nature and under the direct supervision of a Crew Supervisor. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Roadside maintenance (Mowing grass and trim/edge, pick-up and dispose of tree limbs, dead animals, etc.)
- Street and right-of-way maintenance.
- Set-up/Clean-up of work-sites and facilities.
- Operates a variety of light equipment, machinery and power/hand tools.
- Clean-up and maintenance tasks necessary to keep equipment and tools in operable condition.
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance. (May occasionally involve heaver objects and materials up to 100 pounds.)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- High school diploma or GED required.
This is a full-time position working up to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Hourly rate: $13.50, with an increase after 90-day review. We offer a generous benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, short- term and long-term disability and life insurance. All full-time employees also receive paid vacation and sick time accruals. We also offer a 457b retirement package with employer match.
All applicants are required to complete a Gilmer County Application and will be required to submit to a post-offer Criminal History/MVR/Background check and drug screen.
The employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com