Gilmer County Georgia
The Gilmer County Board of Commissioners has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Solid Waste Maintenance Technician.
The Solid Waste Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing maintenance of landfill buildings and grounds, work on sorting lines and provide exceptional customer service to assist the residents with the disposal of household waste.
Must be able to appropriately address customer issues while respecting business needs.
This position will report to the Solid Waste Supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Minimum of one (1) of buildings or grounds maintenance, or landfill maintenance.
- Previous customer service experience a plus.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Georgia driver’s license.
- Directs customers to the designated receptacle to deposit the correct fee for disposal of waste.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive professional attitude.
- Responsible for internal and external maintenance and overall condition of the facility and surrounding grounds.
- Required to work in all types of variable temperatures and weather conditions.
- Learn to operate heavy equipment used at landfill sites.
- Inspect equipment/systems regularly for proper functioning and safety.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure. Accept responsibility for one’s actions with honesty and integrity.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment prevention and compliance procedures.
- Displays integrity and professionalism with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Must be able to use reasoning skills, good judgment, and be able to communicate productively.
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, responsible, punctual with regular attendance.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift (50-100 pounds), push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours.
- Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the preservation of equipment and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Required to operate County vehicle in the performance of duties outside the primary facility.
- Ensure that the outside of the property is maintained including mowing, landscaping, and snow removal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Regular scheduled work hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm and on-call for emergency situations.
Starting rate of pay: is $12.00 an hour, with an increase after successfully completing the 90-day introductory period.
Job Type: Full-time
Applicants will be required to submit to a post-offer Criminal History/Background check and pre-employment drug screen.
The employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to email@example.com. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.