GIlmer County Government
Gilmer County is currently recruiting for two Full-Time Deputy Clerks for Probate Court.
The Deputy Clerk position is to assist the Probate Judge/Associate Judge in providing court services to the public. Successful performance helps ensure the efficient operation of the Probate Court and the accuracy and completeness of vital records and Elections. This position includes performing clerical work; customer service by interacting with the general public, collecting payments, processing applications, and maintaining court records.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle stressful situations and time sensitive material.
- Must possess a high level of integrity.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills a MUST.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Answers phones, direct calls, and provides customer service.
- Receives payment for traffic citations.
- Schedules bench trials for traffic cases.
- Recording (Scanning) of probate files into minute records.
- Maintains records for Probate Annual Returns and Personal Statius Reports.
- Issues and processes marriage licenses.
- Issues and processes firearm permits.
- Processes vital records.
- Balance cash drawers and count back money to customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Judge/Associate Judge.
- A High School/GE equivalent is required. Secondary education is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Office/legal and/or customer service.
- Must possess computer literacy and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database management applications.
- Must have experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Basic knowledge of court administrative procedures/functions of the Probate Court.
- Basic knowledge of county policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of privacy requirements related to court records.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Hours are 8am – 5pm.
Starting Hourly Rate: $14.00
Gilmer County offers a generous benefit package for all full-time employees including; medical, dental, vision, Short Term/Long Term Disability & Life Insurance. As well as Accident & Cancer Insurance policies. We also offer paid Vacation and Sick time Accruals and participation in a 457b retirement plan.
Applicants will be required to submit to a post offer Criminal History/Background check and drug screen.
All applicants are required to complete a Gilmer County application. An employment application can be obtained, filled out, and dropped off at the Board of Commissioners Office, 1 Broad Street, Suite 106, Ellijay, GA 30540 Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will only be accepted as a supplement to the completed employment application.
If applying via email please email the following documents to our office:
Gilmer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com