Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
How and Where to Recycle
3 Convenience Centers Offer a Compactor for Recycled Items
Cartecay: 4154 Hwy 52 East
Coosawattee: 1738 Hwy 382 West
Tower Road: 456 Tower Road
The Do's and Do-Not
Do Not Include
At this time we can not accept glass or styrofoam so please do not include that in your recycling.
Speakers & Programs
Are you a teacher or civic group and need a speaker and/or educational presentation?
Keep Gilmer Beautiful offers field and classroom presentations for our local schools and civic organizations.
We cover topics on recycling, waste, and beautification opportunities within our north Georgia community.
Input & Requests
Adopt a Road
Keep Gilmer Beautiful’s program focuses on the adoption of roads throughout Gilmer County, Georgia. Participation in the program is free.
This innovative program provides private citizens, businesses and organizations an opportunity to support the countywide anti-litter campaign. It is an effective and inexpensive project that allows residents to contribute to the well-being of their communities and generates publicity for their service activities.
What Keep Gilmer County Beautiful requires:
- Perform litter removal in your Adoption Location.
- Attend a safety meeting before actively removing litter from your Adoption Location.
- Conduct a minimum of four (4) cleanups annually.
- You are encouraged to participate in the annual Great American Cleanup.
- Complete the Keep Gilmer Beautiful Cleanup Report and Release Form and return after your clean up activities via this website’s online submission area.
What Keep Gilmer County Beautiful provides:
- Personalized appreciation sign.
- Safety and cleanup supplies (gloves, trash bags, grabbers, etc.)
- Free-of-Charge waste collection at one of our convenience centers.
- Recognition of active Adoption group accomplishments.
How to get involved:
- Contact the Keep Gilmer Beautiful office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 706-635-4589 to inquire about roads in your area which need an adoption partner.
- Complete the Keep Gilmer Beautiful application for the Adopt-A-Road program and the agreement of maintenance form and return the forms to the our office.
For Additional Information:
Dumping * Littering Report
Dumping or littering issues on state highways must be reported directly to the Georgia Department of Transportation.
The Dalton Area office can be reached at 706-272-2211.
If you would like to be contacted regarding this report, please leave an email address or telephone number where you can be reached.
Use this form to report dumping or substantial littering concerns on county roads, directly to the Keep Gilmer Beautiful advisory board.