For the November 8, 2022, General Election we will begin accepting absentee voting applications on August 22, 2022 and the last day to apply will be October 28, 2022 this also will be the last day that we will mail an absentee ballot.
To confirm the identity of the voter, the absentee voting application requires the elector to provide all of the following:
- Their name
- Date of birth
- Address as registered
- Address to where the elector wants ballot to be mailed
- The number of their Georgia driver’s license or identification card
However, if you have neither a driver’s license nor a state ID card, then provide . . .
A copy or photo of one of the following:
- United States Passport
- Georgia voter identification card
- Other valid photo identification card issued by a branch, department, agency, or entity of the State of Georgia, any other state, or the United States authorized by law to issue personal identification
- United States military identification card provided that such identification card contains a photograph of the voter
- Employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States government, Georgia state government, or Georgia county, municipality, board, authority, or any other entity of the state of Georgia provided that such employee identification card contains a photograph of the voter
- Tribal identification card, provided that such identification card contains a photograph of the voter
Or an acceptable document that shows your name and address:
- Current utility bill
- Bank statement
- Government check
- Other government document
When you send an application for an absentee ballot, you must include the number from your driver’s license. If you do not have a driver’s license, use the number from your state-issued identification card, which you can acquire for free at any office of the Department of Driver Services or your county voter registration office.